5.7.08

hopping into puddles...

hey blogging world. it's been a long time. i was a xanga fanatic back in the day. (come to think of it, i need to cancel my account still. oops) anywho...i've been meaning to create a new blog... reason 1: i need a creative outlet for my thoughts and interests and things. reason 2: my preferred choice of creative outlet-ing is not quite up to par yet.  i want to write music and make movies. still workin on that. i'll let ya know how that's goin.

 so here i am. i think everyone has a story worth sharing. it's nice to know we're not alone in pursuing our dreams, facing our fears, & dealing with all the in-betweens and grey areas of life. so. for those who may find some encouragement, hope, humor, etc. out of my every day experiences and thoughts...this is for you.

now for my actual entry...

i'm currently hooked on two albums:
sigur ros-med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust ("with a buzz in our ears we play endlessly")<3
&
coldplay-viva la vida

after my recent bonnaroo experience and the release of these two brilliant albums, i feel like my summer has been really inspiring so far, musically speaking. the beginning of coldplay's "Lost!" ahhh that beat, not to mention everything else about that album. love it. and i could listen to med sud over and over again. i can't get enough. i will probably have these albums rotating in my car's cd player for the next month or so. all of these songs are my summer anthems. thank you, Lord, for gooood music!

Ralph Vaughan Williams (one of my favorite composers) wrote once that when you hear amazing music, it gives you this feeling that you've heard it before, that you are in the company of a friend or something. it's new and original, yet it is completely connected to something inside of you. so true.

my life right now consists of being a total bum (when i'm not at my two jobs haha). i guess i deserve some R&R. so i've been spending all of my spare time in my pajamas catching up on all three seasons of arrested development.  i'm on season 2 disc 2 so far. my inner monologue now sounds like ron howard.  also notable is one of michael cera's side projects: Clark and Michael (clarkandmichael.com).

goals this week: don't try to cut down on caffeine. don't try to workout. don't try to please everyone.

reasoning for goals this week: everytime i consciously try to nix coffee, to lose weight, and to please everyone I FAIL. so maybe if i just live my life not so intently focused on myself, i might actually get some things that i want--like health, happiness, and occasionally dessert :)

 i love summer in my hometown. i miss nashville though, terribly. after moving away for college, i am constantly in a state of missing a town and a group of people. it's bittersweet, but really more a reminder, i suppose, of how blessed i am to have people and places to miss. 

finally, i feel as though i should explain my blog title "hopping into puddles" so i'll go ahead and leave you this to ponder and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9.7.08

    I respect your goals. i'm also glad you and i are starting a new blog movement. hah. maybe we'll become famous bloggers. like tila tequila and her myspace...but with blogs.

    misssssss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17.7.08

    why was this the most beautifully written thing ever?? the friends in different places statement was just the articulation i've been searching for. love you for that.

    ReplyDelete